Sign up to receive the 10:8 Newsletter.
Most Recent Issue
- Policing Across Canada: Facts & Figures
- BC Prosecution Service - Annual Report
- Crown Must Prove Replica Gun Not A Firearm
- Inventory Search Lawful: Evidence Admitted
- Reasonable Suspicion More Than Sincerely Held Subjective Belief
- Reasonable Suspicion Standard Satisfied: No Entrapment
- No Common Law Power To Arrest Target Of Breach Of The Peace
- Reasonable Grounds For Arrest Lower Than Balance Of Probabilities
- Lack of Credibility Not Overcome By Tip’s Detail Or Corroboration
- Court Ordered Search Provision Did Not Authorize Search Against Co-Resident
- Upcoming Investigation & Enforcement Skills Courses
Unless otherwise noted all articles are authored by Mike Novakowski, MA, LLM. The articles contained herein are provided for information purposes only and are not to be construed as legal or other professional advice. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily the opinions of the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
“In Service: 10-8” welcomes your comments or contributions to this newsletter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to be added to our electronic distribution list, sign up using the link above.
Last updated October 29, 2019