Parking is free of charge, although the lot may be full on occasion. We kindly ask everyone attending JIBC not to park in the Canada Games Pool parking lots.
|715 McBride Boulevard
New Westminster, BC V3L 5T4
Monday - Friday
Saturday - Sunday
|6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Located in New Westminster, BC, the JIBC’s main campus covers 170,000 square feet, including an office block, classroom block, library, 200-seat theatre, cafeteria, gymnasium, locker rooms, fitness room, indoor firearms range, media centre and the custom-designed Dr. Donald B. Rix Public Safety Simulation Building. This campus is the administrative hub of the Institute.
Designed by Vancouver architect Richard Henriquez, the New Westminster campus is comprised of two distinctive buildings, which are a blend of curves and sharp angles, brick, concrete, and steel. The campus also features a central garden and a large atrium that links offices, classrooms, the cafeteria and library. The atrium and garden also serve as central meeting places for students, faculty and staff. Several facilities at this campus are available for rental.
Free wireless internet is available in the atrium, cafeteria, theatre, library, courtyard and some classrooms at our New Westminster campus. Stop by the Library or the Main Information Desk to get your login information.
The New Westminster campus is accessible by public transit and is serviced by the following bus routes:
Use Translink’s Trip Planner to access the best transit options to and from the campus.
- Get on Trans-Canada Hwy/BC-1 E from E 1st Ave 10 min (5.5 km)
- Follow Trans-Canada Hwy/BC-1 E to Brunette Ave in Coquitlam. Take the Brunette Avenue exit from Trans-Canada Hwy/BC-1 E 9 min (13.2 km)
- Continue on Brunette Ave. Take Cumberland St to McBride Blvd/BC-99A N in New Westminster 7 min (3.3 km)
- Merge onto Brunette Ave 1.6 km
- Use the right lane to turn left onto E Columbia St 170 m
- Turn right onto Cumberland St 900 m Turn left onto E Sixth Ave 350 m
- Turn right onto McBride Blvd/BC-99A N
- Destination will be on the right
- Get on SW Marine Dr in Vancouver from Grant McConachie Way E
- 7 min (5.0 km) Follow SW Marine Dr to Byrne Rd in Burnaby 19 min (11.7 km)
- Take Southridge Dr to Tenth Ave 3 min (2.4 km)
- Continue on Tenth Ave. Drive to McBride Blvd/BC-99A N in New Westminster
- Destination will be on the right
Traveling from the US?
- Head west on Peace Park Dr toward BC-99 N 39 s (300 m)
- Follow BC-99 N and BC-91 N to Queensborough Connector/BC-91A in Richmond. Take exit 11 fromBC-91 N 18 min (26.8 km)
- Follow Queensborough Connector/BC-91A and 6th Ave/Sixth Ave to McBride Blvd/BC-99A N in New Westminster
- Get on Trans-Canada Hwy/BC-1 W 5 min (3.9 km)
- Continue on Trans-Canada Hwy/BC-1 W to Surrey 30 min (49.5 km)
- Drive to BC-99A N in New Westminster
Parking is free of charge, although the lot may be full on occasion. We kindly ask everyone attending JIBC not to park in the Canada Games Pool parking lots. Designated parking for disabled persons is located near both main entrances. Please park only in designated spaces, as illegally parked vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense by New Westminster Towing.
JIBC has an excellent on-site cafeteria at the New Westminster campus. The cafeteria offers "a delicious assortment of creative, scrumptious dishes at student-friendly prices," said the Georgia Straight, in the 2009 Best of Vancouver issue.
The cafeteria is open Monday through Friday, 7:00a.m.-4:00 p.m. (3:00 p.m. during summer months), and nutritious snacks and beverages are available during those times. Breakfast is served until 10:30 a.m. Lunch service begins at 11:00 a.m., and includes soups, hot entrees (vegetarian, Heart Smart), pre-made and made-to-order sandwiches, salad bar, sushi, etc. Lunch service ends at 1:30 p.m., but the soup and sandwich bar remains open until 2:00 p.m. Microwaves are provided for your use at the far end of the cafeteria. Vending machines for snack food items and beverages are located in the hallway near the gymnasium.
The fitness room is available for use by students between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. It is located close to the gymnasium in room AD135. To use this facility, you are required to sign out an access card at the Welcome Desk on the main floor. You will be asked to leave photo ID at the desk until you return the access card.
The fitness room is not staffed so please use the equipment appropriately, and with courtesy to others. Use the equipment at your own risk as JIBC is not responsible for personal injuries.
The Security Office is located next to the Information Desk in the Atrium on the main floor. A Security Guard is on site Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Security is an important issue at all times of the day and night. Please ensure the security of your valuables and personal possessions while on campus and always lock your vehicle. If you must leave the building after dark, you are encouraged to use the ‘buddy system’ and watch out for each other. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the layout of the campus and the surrounding environment.
Report any problems to your Instructor or the Security Guard at 604.818.6922. The campus is patrolled after business hours.
Please be advised that in consideration for the health and safety of all members of the JIBC community, pets/animals are not permitted in Institute owned, leased or rented buildings or in Institute vehicles with the exception of animals that are serving as guides or aids to their owners (service guide dogs) and animals required for academic purposes.
All animals on Institute grounds must be properly restrained and under the care and control of their owner / guardian at all times. Owners/guardians must comply with all provincial and municipal by-laws pertaining to licensing and animal control.
If Security or Facilities Staff are alerted to a situation where a pet has been left in a vehicle, they will record information about the incident and contact the appropriate municipal Animal Services or Bylaw Enforcement department.
- Chilliwack Animal Control By-Law
- Kelowna Animal Control By-Law
- Maple Ridge Animal Control By-Law
- New Westminster Animal Control By-Law
- Pitt Meadows Animal Control By-Law
- Victoria Animal Control By-Law
"There is plenty to discover and experience in the Royal City’s six eclectic neighbourhoods, known as Historic Downtown, the Quay, Uptown, Sapperton, West End, and Queensborough. Whether you’re looking for great eats, fantastic shopping, fun parks and activities, celebratory festivals, some relaxing time at the spa or to learn more about the city’s heritage, this website is designed to help you find it — and discover the best of New West."
Last updated April 23, 2019